Quality Assurance – the Key to higher Customer Satisfaction
Today, more than 340,000 Europian organisations are assessed against the ISO 9001 quality benchmark each year and almost 1,100,000 world-wide, highlighting the value in this globally attractive ‘transaction passport’.
Once considered only applicable to factories and production centres, the revised ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Standard now has widespread international acceptance as the ISO 9001 quality benchmark for all types of organisations.
Sophisticated workflow processes make a decisive contribution to the quality of your products or services. A quality management system that uses ISO 9001 certification is therefore well suited for all sectors and sizes of company – from start-ups to international corporations. With its process orientation, ISO 9001 certification takes your company’s specific requirements and outlook into consideration. It also ensures ongoing development using a continuous improvement process (CIP).
Eight Quality Management Principles using by ISO 9001 is:
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach
- Continual Improvement
- Fact based decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
Benefits at a Glance
ISO 9001 certification from TÜV SVERIGE enables you to:
- Generate confidence and enable global comparisons
- Improve your company’s customer focus
- Cut costs
- Improve processes and structures sustainably
- Motivate your employees with better communication and information that is easier to access
Why seek ISO 9001 certification?
ISO 9001 certification by an accredited certification body shows commitment to quality, customers, and a willingness to work towards improving efficiency.
It demonstrates the existence of an effective quality management system that satisfies the rigors of an independent, external audit.
ISO 9001 certification enhances company image in the eyes of customers, employees and shareholders alike.
It also gives a competitive edge to an organization’s marketing.
How to gain registration?
The process of registration follows three simple steps:
- Application for registration is made by completing the QMS questionnaire
- Assessment to ISO 9001:2008 is undertaken by TUV SVERIGE - the organization must be able to demonstrate that its quality management system has been fully operative for a minimum of three months and has been subject of a full cycle of internal audits
- Registration is granted by TUV SVERIGE and maintained by the organization. Maintenance is confirmed through a programme of annual surveillance visits and a three yearly re-certification audit.
Initial Certification Audit
The assessment process for achieving certification consists of a two stage Initial Certification Audit as follows:
Stage 1 - the purpose of this visit is to confirm the readiness of the organization for full assessment. The assessor will:
- confirm that the quality manual conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008
- confirm its implementation status
- confirm the scope of certification
- check legislative compliance
- Produce a report that identifies any non-compliance or potential for non-compliance and agree a corrective action plan if required.
- Produce an assessment plan and confirm a date for the Stage 2 assessment visit.
Stage 2 - the purpose of this visit is to confirm that the quality management system fully conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 in practice. The assessor will:
- undertake sample audits of the processes and activities defined in the scope of assessment
- document how the system complies with the standard
- report any non-compliances or potential for non-compliance
- produce a surveillance plan and confirm a date for the first surveillance visit
If the assessor identifies any major non-conformance, the organization cannot be certified until corrective action is taken and verified.