ISO/IEC 20000 consists of two parts:
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is the formal Specification and defines the requirements for an organization to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality for its customers. The scope includes:
• Requirements for a management system;
• Planning and implementing service management;
• Planning and implementing new or changed services;
• Service delivery process;
• Relationship processes;
• Resolution processes;
• Control processes; and
• Release processes.
ISO/IEC 20000-2:2011 is the Code of Practice and describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1. The code of Practice will be of particular use to organizations preparing to be audited against ISO/IEC 20000 or planning service improvements.
The ISO 20000-1 standard helps organizations to
• ensure the effective running and delivery of IT services
• continually improve processes
• drive customer focus
Certification to ISO 20000-1 IT service management ensures that your day to day service delivery is carried out in a way that drives customer satisfaction through improved service and leads to on-going continuous improvement.
ISO/IEC 20000-2 is the Code of Practice and describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1. The code of Practice will be of particular use to organizations preparing to be audited against ISO/IEC 20000 or planning service improvements.
Benefits of ISO 20000-1
By achieving TUV SVERIGE certification to ISO 20000-1 IT Services Certification your organization will be able to reap numerous benefits such as:
• Reduction in incidents and improved incident management
• Improving corporate image and credibility
• Adoption of an integrated process to the delivery of IT services
• Reduction in response times and interruptions to IT service
• Improved management of cost leads to financial savings
• A culture of continuous improvement
• Greater understanding of roles and business objectives
• Ensuring legislative awareness and compliance
• Protecting the company, assets, shareholders and directors
• Increased customer satisfaction from internal and/or external customers
• Provides you with a competitive advantage
• Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
• Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
Transition to ISO/IEC 20000:2011
TUV SVERIGE have completed the transition from ISO/IEC 20000:2005 to ISO/IEC:2011 and are in the process of updating clients to the 2011 version of the standard. New clients will be assessed to ISO/IEC 20000:2011.